Chemitis recognizes its responsibilities for the wider environment and to the local community. It is committed to fulfil its compliance obligations and to continually improve its environmental management performance through appropriate initiatives, controls, provision of resources and training of employees. The aim is to minimize adverse impacts on the environment of activities, products and services within the context that chemitis operates.
An Environmental Management System (EMS) has been established which integrates environmental understanding and control into other systems and procedures, under the direction of the senior management team and with the support of all employees, suppliers, contractors and customers.
Management objectives and targets are established and reviewed on a regular basis to implement the Environmental Policy. These are based on a commitment to the following environmental principles:
- Prevention of pollution
- Minimization of energy and material usage and the production of waste
- Effective and responsible waste management and disposal
- Promoting product reuse and recycling
- Maintaining high workforce awareness of environmental issues
- Involving suppliers, contractors and customers in environmental initiatives
- Continually Improving the company’s performance
The EMS’s effectiveness is monitored and maintained by regular audit and Management Review. This Environmental Policy will be communicated to all employees and made available to Interested Parties on request. The involvement of its workforce and external interested and affected parties in its Environmental Policy is encouraged by the organization through effective communication procedures.
Chemitis shall provide maximum value to its customers by consistent supply of quality products and reliable services.
Chemitis shall continually strive to achieve quality leadership in its products and services.
Chemitis shall ensure safe, healthy and eco-friendly environment at its work place and surroundings.
Chemitis shall promote safe use of products by providing necessary information regarding storage, transportation, handling, disposal and performance of products.
Chemitis shall comply with all the relevant statutes pertaining to the countries in which it conducts business.
Chemitis shall achieve this by a competent and well-coordinated team.
This policy has the commitment of each member of Chemitis
Safety first is not the priority. People first is the priority
Chemitis is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for its employees, contractors and visitors. Chemitis complies with all applicable safety laws and regulations to eliminate work-related injuries and unplanned events from our operations through our Environmental, Health and Safety Programs.
Chemitis will manage its operation in accordance with our Environmental, Health and Safety principles and beliefs, in a manner that helps to control occupational safety and health risks, protects the environment by improving natural resource conservation and continually decrease hazardous gas emissions, while fully complying with applicable laws and regulations.
PRINCIPLES AND BELIEFS
Chemitis recognizes people as our number one asset and expects each employee to create a culture of accident and injury elimination by assisting in the recognition and mitigation of workplace hazards.
Chemitis facilities will be designed, constructed, operated and maintained with the goal of eliminating wasteful and dangerous practices.
In the Chemitis factories and offices all employees must take personal responsibility to work safely and show concern for the health and safety of their co-workers, contractors, customers, visitors, communities and the environment.
Environmental, Health and Safety must come first, no matter how urgent the job. Urgency will not impact the safety rules and precautions at Chemitis . A healthy and safe work environment for all employees, visitors and contractors is essential for the success of business as well as our families and communities.
Chemitis shall conduct business in an economically viable, environmentally sound and socially responsible manner. We are committed to promote a cleaner and safer environment which is aligned to our business strategy. Combining power of science and technology with passion to innovate, we aim to advance sustainable development by collaborating with our stakeholders. We aim to mark a positive impact through sustainability initiatives.
Chemitis is committed to
- Assess and review sustainability materiality matrix and develop strategies with aim of creating value, mitigating risk and maximizing opportunities.
- Set, monitor, and review environmental targets for continual improvement.
- Continually improve sustainable performance and practices by adopting globally applicable management systems.
- Minimize impact on the climate change through increased use of clean energy.
- Embed water stewardship as integral part of our business and work on action plan to reduce the environmental and social impact related to it.
- Responsibly source key materials required for our operations.
- Develop safe, sustainable & eco-friendly products, processes, technologies, and services.
- Adopt Life Cycle thinking to contribute towards product stewardship.
- Integrate sustainability considerations into value chain by engaging with and creating awareness among employees, customers, suppliers and local communities.
- Annually report sustainability performance to stakeholders based on sustainability reporting frameworks.
- Comply and wherever possible exceed, with all the applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
Implementation: Chemitis shall achieve this through a competent, committed and well-coordinated team. Chemitis shall ensure adherence with the policy through appropriate system and process in place. The performance of policy will be regularly monitored, evaluated and reviewed by the board of directors.